Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 23:38:19 +0300

On 02/09/2023 14:53, Po Lu wrote:
Dmitry Gutov <dmitry@gutov.dev> writes:

Most of us here already "made some effort" are are already "bent" to
some degree or other.

So there you have it.  Why is it such a calamity for us to expect the
same of others as well?

There is no calamity. We aren't going to migrate off mailing lists for general development discussions anytime soon, perhaps never.

But it's good to have a common understanding of the strong sides of different workflows. Some of them we could hopefully adopt at some point, some -- won't.

You come off as very confident in one particular workflow, with very strong negative opinion toward the alternatives (some of them quite popular in our profession). It's hard to avoid leaving commentary.

Neither are all of the participants "new employees".

That is not relevant to the point I'm making.

Seemed very relevant to me.

That can indeed be a good idea to bring up in a corporation of a
reasonable size (that hasn't yet been bogged down by bureaucracy),
especially when the hiring market is tough.

It makes you come across as an arrogant person, particularly if these
customs are tried-and-true, and everyone else appears to be abiding by
them to no great detriment.

Back atcha.