Re: Brand new clojure support in Emacs ;-)

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Re: Brand new clojure support in Emacs ;-)
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 17:55:13 +0200

All I did was to follow up on a suggested path and study technical ways
to getting Clojure editing support in Emacs, better than what we have
now, which is 0.  I think is a pretty reasonable thing to do on
emacs-devel.  It's not an immoral thing to do and I'm not coming for His
Highness The Great Clojure Authority Life's Work.

Joao, I've tried to be polite, but you behave like a total jerk right now. That's really disappointing as you used to be one of my Emacs heroes for a very long time. That makes me very sad. Such attitude alienates a lot of people from emacs-devel IMO.

Eli, I hope you'll agree that such attitude is really counter-productive.

On Sun, Sep 3, 2023, at 5:46 PM, João Távora wrote:
Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> And even if Emacs were to develop its own competing Clojure mode (which I
> say it should not), it MUST have a name of its own and not create

Eli has already stated very clearly this is a non-issue, stating --
quite accurately -- that noone who speaks for the Emacs project has
suggested it.  Earlier I had said clearly I don't care and it's not up
to me.  If it _were_ up to me -- which again it's not -- up I would
pursue a technical solution.

So no need to freak out really.

All I did was to follow up on a suggested path and study technical ways
to getting Clojure editing support in Emacs, better than what we have
now, which is 0.  I think is a pretty reasonable thing to do on
emacs-devel.  It's not an immoral thing to do and I'm not coming for His
Highness The Great Clojure Authority Life's Work.

João