Re: Adding refactoring capabilities to Emacs

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Adding refactoring capabilities to Emacs
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2023 03:46:03 -0400

   > Or some such and have it bound to something sensible, maybe collecting
   > the files it touched for a later save.

   Good idea, then with a prefix argument e.g. 'C-u C-c C-A' could save
   the buffers after applying the entire patch.

That doesn't rhyme with the behaviour of C-c C-a which is to reverse
the hunk.  It would make more sense to provide a "Save all files
touched by diff-mode" key, that lists the files, and you can answer
yes or now.  This could then also be used when applying hunks in a
singular fashion.

   >    A possible solution would be to support a region by 'C-c C-a'.
   >
   > A region might not be a valid thing to apply -- it is better to work
   > with hunks.

   It's possible to detect hunk boundaries that start/end inside the
   selected region.

Too much DWIM for my taste ... and might have weird behaviour.