Re: Questions about tree-sitter

From: BTuin
Subject: Re: Questions about tree-sitter
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 18:39:45 +0200

Le 08/09/2023 à 18:43, Yuan Fu a écrit :

On Sep 8, 2023, at 4:53 AM, Augustin Chéneau (BTuin) <btuin@mailo.com> wrote:

Le 06/09/2023 à 06:07, Yuan Fu a écrit :
I added local parser support to master. If everything goes right, you just need
to add a :local t flag in treesit-range-rules. Check out the modified
bision-ts-mode.el that I hacked up for an example. BTW, it’s vital that you
define treesit-language-at-point-function for a multi-language mode.
Yuan

Thanks a lot!

I did some tests and it's working pretty well.

Awesome!

It seems I spoke a bit too soon  :(
When I edit the buffer, sometimes there is an offset between the text and the nodes after modifying the buffer, or the syntax highlighting breaks in C code.

I attached an example Bison file if needed.

I have a few issues though:

- I first defined `treesit-language-at-point-function` using
`treesit-node-at`.  However, `treesit-node-at` itself uses
`treesit-language-at-point-function` which causes an infinite recursion.
So I instead used `treesit-local-parsers-at` to check if a local parser is
used.  Is it a good solution?

No no, you should use the host langauge’s parser (bison) and see if point is in
an undelimited_code_block, and return c or bison accordingly. I’m highlight
this in the docstring, thanks.

So I need to call `treesit-node-at` with `'bison` as the value for PARSER-OR-LANG to see in which node I am? Then I think there is a problem with `treesit-node-at`, because it always call `treesit-language-at` even if PARSER-OR-LANG is provided.
I propose a fix in the attached patch.