Re: [External] : Re: Shrinking the C core

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Shrinking the C core
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 13:21:59 +0200

Richard Stallman wrote:

>> But the way it is used today, as we just heard in 28% of
>> vanilla Emacs files, isn't because of CL emulation or
>> compatibility purposes, but because it adds useful features
>> and covers aspects that non-cl-lib Elisp leaves blank.
>
> I consider this a problem. Such frequent use of the cl
> facilities -- even though it is just the macros -- adds
> those cl macros to what people need to know to understand
> those files.

Okay, I understand. I must admit I don't really care about
other people at such a fine grained level, but let's think
then ...

I think that non-programmers are a lost cause in this case
anyway and for programmers the complexity increase from
non-cl-lib Elisp to cl-lib is pretty much negligible?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal