Re: package-vc support for :files keyword

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: package-vc support for :files keyword
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 16:31:27 +0200

Tony Zorman <tonyzorman@mailbox.org> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 20 2023 07:32, Philip Kaludercic wrote:
>> +        (unless (string-match-p ignored-files file)
>
> One thing that did jump out to me just now, which I hadn't considered
> before: when ignored-files is the empty string, this will always match
> any fileā€”not what we want :)

Do you mean because the empty glob expression doesn't match everything,
but the empty regular expression does?

The easiest solution seems to be to just check if the empty string is
listed and handle that separately (whatever the correct behaviour is in
that case), but on the other hand, why should a user list an empty
string in the list of ignored files?

--
Philip Kaludercic