RE: [External] : Re: Easy Customization for Directory Local Variables

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Easy Customization for Directory Local Variables
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 14:32:13 +0000

>> From a quick look, my only suggestion is to have the project command be
>> named something like `project-edit-dir-local-variables'.
>
> That would mean to add it to project.el.  I'm fine with proposing that
> provided the code gets accepted.

Are dir-local vars limited to what Emacs
calls a "project"?  I didn't think so.
Emacs's use of the term "project" is more
limited than what a project might be in
general, and even that is, I think, more
limited than what dir-local vars are/imply.

(Just one top-of-the-head opinion, and not
one very knowledgeable about Emacs "projects".)