Re: optional argument defaults in `cl-defun' vs old way - warning, discr

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: optional argument defaults in `cl-defun' vs old way - warning, discrepancy!
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 04:36:39 -0500

Hi Emanuel,

Yes, this is how CL optional and keyword arguments work. See (info "(cl) Argument Lists") and search for "SVAR". It does require a bit more diligence in some cases, but it also provides more flexibility. And FWIW, I think I actually have to check the SVAR something like 1% of the time I use CL argument lists, or maybe less. So that "gotcha" rarely "gets you" in practice. :)

--Adam