Re: Landing feature/more-fds for Emacs 30?

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Landing feature/more-fds for Emacs 30?
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 11:23:16 +0000

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> Iʼm rebasing it to master now. Give me a week or so to test it.

Great, thanks!

> Iʼm tempted to turn it on by default on macOS, but I donʼt want to
> cause the maintainers any grief, so only with permission 😇

I'd be in favor of enabling it by default, perhaps only provisionally.
We still have time to turn it off again before Emacs 30.1 if it turns
out to cause any major stability issues.

The performance increase on macOS is substantial enough that we'll want
it enabled by default at some point anyways, right?

Eli, WDYT?