Re: man integration with tramp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: man integration with tramp
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2023 14:00:48 +0200

Hi Max,

> This thread was indirectly mentioned in another discussion of man.el
> and woman.el, so...
>
> It is possible to run "man" locally. The following may be adapted as a
> filter for content of a buffer:
>
>   man -l - </usr/share/man/man1/man.1.gz

Thanks for the hint. I'll see whether I could integrate this use case
when i start to add remote man pages support in man.el.

However, this will be the second choice only for showing remote man
pages, because the local man command could not handle references well I
fear. And completion candidates for other man pages won't work for remote
hosts either with this approach.

Best regards, Michael.