Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to use cl-lib?

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to use cl-lib?
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 18:42:40 +0800

Gerd Möllmann <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com> writes:

> Could you perhaps formulate a plan for what should be done? I personally
> find something concrete much easier to handle than a back-and-forth of
> arguments.

First off, I think people should make it clear that new code saturated
with calls to cl-lib will not be accepted.  Once people are coaxed out
of this habit, it will be possible to start removing calls to cl-lib
from existing code.

This will also afford us opportunities to move frequently used cl-lib
constructs that aren't all that adventitious to subr.el.  If all goes
well, it will be feasible to use Emacs without loading cl-lib at all.