Re: master d03677343e9: Pan during touch screen pinch gestures

From: Eshel Yaron
Subject: Re: master d03677343e9: Pan during touch screen pinch gestures
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 09:51:20 +0100

Hi Po Lu,

> branch: master
> commit d03677343e9a54f76de7e3ac2db6e22df3fa4333
> Author: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Commit: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
>
>     Pan during touch screen pinch gestures

Thanks for working on pinch gestures, that's really cool.

>     * lisp/completion-preview.el (completion-preview-commands):
>     Account text-conversion events preview commands as well.

I'm not sure I understand this change though,

>  (defcustom completion-preview-commands '(self-insert-command
>                                           insert-char
>                                           delete-backward-char
> -                                         backward-delete-char-untabify)
> +                                         backward-delete-char-untabify
> +                                         text-conversion)
>    "List of commands that should trigger completion preview."
>    :type '(repeat (function :tag "Command" :value self-insert-command))
>    :version "30.1")

Is `text-conversion` a command?  I can't find such a command or
function, even after rebuilding Emacs master following this commit.
OTOH I see that there's an event called `text-conversion`, that triggers
a command called `analyze-text-conversion`, so perhaps it's that command
that should go on `completion-preview-commands`?

Cheers,

Eshel