Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to use cl-lib?

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to use cl-lib?
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 13:14:11 +0000

On Fri, Nov 17, 2023 at 12:23 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > But it still feels like some people are not
> > convinced that that documentation is essential at all (you seem to be
> > one of them, reading further).
> Show me the docs changes you think should be installed, and let's take
> it from there.  Until then, this kind of hand-waving and vague
> accusations are not useful.

You can't make this stuff up.  Didn't you just write 30 minutes ago

  because we generally don't say such things
  in our manuals, except in rare exceptional cases (which the
  seq.el one isn't, IMNSHO)

?? Is this not crystal clear evidence that IYNSHO this type
of documentation for seq.el isn't needed?  Are you sure _I'm_ the
vague accuser??

I hope that by sniping the rest of the message you at least
acknowledge that we _do_ say such things in our Elisp manual.

> In general, I suggest to be less "combative" in this and similar
> discussions.  It doesn't help arriving to a consensus.  But I digress.

Indeed.  And likewise.

João