Re: combining cond and let, to replace pcase.

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: combining cond and let, to replace pcase.
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 17:14:30 +0100

Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> I may be mis-remembering, but I think it was you, Michael, who put in
> the work to fix these defects in pcase's doc string.  The result was
> far better than the original.

Only some work was done by me.

For me, personally (and only that) the documentation got worse.  That's
ok if it helps a lot of people.  If you have a more mathematical
background, the intention and the idea behind `pcase' are somewhat
shadowed now.

> An alternative here would have been to invent new reader macros
> instead of complicating and ambiguating ` and ,.

That would further shadow the idea.

It is obviously necessary to understand that design idea.  Seems this is
the major problem for most people.  We should probably do this in the
documentation if we have not yet.  Or did we?

Michael.