Re: Dropping the dashes when displying command names

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Dropping the dashes when displying command names
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 14:34:15 +0200

> Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 06:40:58 +0000
> From: reader <gertopc@proton.me>
> Cc: "emacs-devel@gnu.org" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
> > That is the way that Zmacs invokes M-x commands (with spaces, but using
> > initial caps).
>
> Capitalizing the commands could make the presentation even nicer.
> The commands in menubar menus are shown this way, so M-x should
> follow suit, since M-x is also a menu which offers commands:

"M-x" requires you to _type_ the command's name, unlike the menu-bar
menus.  So showing command names spelled differently than they are
expected to be typed would be a disservice to our users.  Even
changing the letter-case is already a problem, since command names in
Emacs are case-sensitive (and some packages actually use that to
provide more convenient UX for typing command names -- see info.el,
for example).