RE: [External] : Re: is it possible to «lose» edits when aborting recurs

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: is it possible to «lose» edits when aborting recursive-edits?
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 14:50:42 +0000

> > I had 2 or three recursive-edits level...
> > I hit C-] as I always do, committed but
> > then realized that some of my changes
> > were not committed...
>
> I have similar problem. I would like to be able:
>
> - to detect pending recursive edits, as not to lose them
> - to be able to walk over buffers of recursive edits.

1. The little library `rec-edit.el' can likely
help with the former.

code:
https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/rec-edit.el

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/RecursiveEdit#rec-edit.el

2. The latter should be easy to implement:
Iterate over `buffer-list'.  You can use a
hook such as `kill-emacs-query-functions'.