Face transparency attribute

From: Sebastian Wålinder
Subject: Face transparency attribute
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 02:35:47 +0100

Hello!

Frames in Emacs recently got the option to set a transparency that makes all
background colors in the frame transparent to the degree you set.

Is there any way to set the transparency on a particular face? I didn't find
any way when looking through the documentation.

If not, are there any workarounds and would face local transparency be hard to
implement?

I'd like to experiment with transparency, making the fringes for instance more
transparent, as it's not a content area.

Thanks for any help!
Sebastian