Re: Distinguishing `consp` and `functionp`

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Distinguishing `consp` and `functionp`
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 13:34:35 -0500

> ...apart from working with legacy code, of course.  So as I said I
> really think you should leave functionp returning t for a good
> while and warn about the funcall.

In any case, currently we can't know if a `(lambda ...)` list is the
result of "broken code" or is a perfectly valid function value returned
by `Ffunction` from a dynbound file.

So before we can contemplate such a warning, we need to either drop
dynbound interpreted code, or use a patch along the lines of what I sent :-)

        Stefan "whose local Emacs hacks don't support dynbound code any
                more and signal an error when `funcall` is passed a list :-)"