Re: Some thoughts about Emacs performance

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Some thoughts about Emacs performance
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 12:29:05 +0000

Robert Boyer <robertstephenboyer@gmail.com> writes:

> I say I fear for the worst because if that bug is what I think it is, it
> would kill 'msa' performance.
> Very secondarily, even if the bug is fixed, I have no idea how I could ever
> take advantage of it!

As Andrea mentioned in
yp1cyssanrp.fsf@fencepost.gnu.org/">https://yhetil.org/emacs-devel/yp1cyssanrp.fsf@fencepost.gnu.org/, type
declarations are not yet supported and it is not yet clear how long it
will take to implement type declaration support.

If you wish to contribute a better sorting to Emacs, another option
might be contributing to Emacs C sources. Check out src/sort.c file
(tim_sort) for the sort implementation that is currently in use.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/src/sort.c#n915

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,