Re: outline-minor-mode for tabulated-list-mode

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: outline-minor-mode for tabulated-list-mode
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 19:31:07 +0200

>> This is very timely, because I just recently have been working on a
>> list-projects command using tabulated-list-mode, and I've wanted the
>> ability to group together related projects.
>
> Me too. I also wanted to add groups/sections to tabulated-list-mode.
> That's why I've created a package called dashboard-table.el [0] for that.
> It would be nice if this were supported by tabulated-list-mode OOTB.
>
> [0] https://github.com/thisch/dashboard-table.el

Thanks for the reference.  I wonder does your implementation allow
sorting columns?  I guess not.  Since this doesn't seem possible
without changes in tabulated-list-mode.  So the proposed changes
for tabulated-list-mode split rows to groups where it's possible
to sort inside each group independently from other groups.