Re: Emacs 29.3 released

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Emacs 29.3 released
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 19:48:40 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi!

Hi Eli,

> Emacs 29.3 is an emergency bugfix release; it includes no new features
> except a small number of changes intended to resolve security
> vulnerabilities uncovered in Emacs 29.2.  See the file etc/NEWS in the
> tarball; you can view it from Emacs by typing 'C-h n', or by clicking
> Help->Emacs News from the menu bar.

I know, an emergency release is an emergency release. But w/o any hint
that it will happen, we have inconsistencies. For example, Emacs 29.3
claims to carry Tramp 2.6.3-pre, which is unfortune.

A short warning that the release will happen, with a short timeout until
it happens, would have been appreciated.

Or did I miss such an announcement?

Best regards, Michael.