Re: Q about staticvec declaration

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: Q about staticvec declaration
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 13:15:25 +0100

On 27.03.24 12:44, Mattias Engdegård wrote:
27 mars 2024 kl. 10.38 skrev Gerd Möllmann <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com>:

Can someone please explain why staticvec is declared as

  Lisp_Object const *staticvec[NSTATICS]

which is the same as

  const Lisp_Object *staticvec[NSTATICS]

That's just a matter of individual handwriting, there's nothing more to it.
I think we can tolerate either.

You mean the "type const" vs. "const type"? I agree that doesn't matter much.

What I meant to ask is why are the Lisp_Objects considered const when viewed through staticvec. I mentioned the other form in case it weren't clear that both are the same. I mean, the staticpro'd variables are clearly non-const.