Re: STatus of MPS branch

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: STatus of MPS branch
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 06:38:58 +0200

Gerd Möllmann <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com> writes:

> I've now fixed all aborts/bus errors and so on in scratch/igc that were
> caused by things related to GC, and that I could identify from running
> the tests.
>
>   SUMMARY OF TEST RESULTS
>   -----------------------
>   Files examined: 513
>   Ran 7602 tests, 7327 results as expected, 7 unexpected, 268 skipped
>   3 files contained unexpected results:
>     src/emacs-module-tests.log
>     lisp/progmodes/eglot-tests.log
>     lisp/net/tramp-tests.log

In module-tests, the test module/function-finalizer fails.

The test expects that something is finalized after calling
garbage-collect. That is simply not the case with MPS. Finalization
happens at an unspecified time, MPS puts a finalization message on a
message queue which the client can process when it wants to.

So, this is not a problem.

I think I'll disable this test somehow.