Re: Building the igc branch on MS-Windows

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: Building the igc branch on MS-Windows
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 08:45:28 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Gerd Möllmann <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com>
>> Cc: Helmut Eller <eller.helmut@gmail.com>,  Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,
>>   emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 07:26:37 +0200
>>
>> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:

>> > https://docs.kyleam.com/piem/Overview.html
>>
>> You mean piem-am? Hm, that would almost be it. Except I don't want the
>> branch, at least not always...
>
> Here's what I do:
>
>   . mark the patch
>   . M-| cd /path/to/git/repository && git am RET
>
> This is so simple that I wonder why people need a specialized command
> for that.  Moreover, with command-history active, I don't need to type
> the command line more than once; after that M-p or M-r will find it
> almost immediately.

For me It's laziness. With piem I can now M-x piem-am in the article,
then select the project (using vertico + orderless), then the branch
(vertico + orderless), then tell it the branch I want to create (or
not), and bam done. Nice!

The debbugs one does a bit too much for me, for example it also builds
(with the wrong make command on macOS (should be gmake). And VC is not
so my thing, also.