Re: master ff3f17ca3cd: choose-completion: Retain the suffix after compl

From: Eshel Yaron
Subject: Re: master ff3f17ca3cd: choose-completion: Retain the suffix after completion boundary
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 10:56:06 +0200

Hi Dmitry,

Eshel Yaron <me@eshelyaron.com> writes:

> Dmitry Gutov <dmitry@gutov.dev> writes:
>
>> On 12/05/2024 15:38, Eshel Yaron wrote:
>>
>>> I can't seem to find this commit, though, is that on master?
>>
>> My bad, that push didn't go through. Now on master.
>
> Thanks, everything seems to work well now.

I'm afraid there might be another regression, here's what I see:

1. emacs -Q
2. C-x C-f
3. C-a C-k to clear the minibuffer
4. Insert the path an Emacs checkout, e.g. "~/checkouts/emacs/"
5. Further insert "l/mi"
6. Hit ? to pop the completions list, which includes
   "lisp/minibuffer.el" and "leim/MISC-DIC/", among others.
7. Lean on M-<down> to cycle between completion candidates.

After the last fix, I see M-<down> accumulate text after point in the
minibuffer instead of replacing the part it previously inserted.  Do you
see that as well?

Thanks,

Eshel