Still org-persist after current master build

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Still org-persist after current master build
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2024 01:04:46 +0200

About two year ago I flagged this: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2022-12/msg00045.html and adding

(setq org-persist-directory "c:/msys64/tmp/org-persist/")
(setq org-element-cache-persistent nil)

seemed having fixed the "issue" in the sense that _NO_ `org-persist` folder were created, not even in c:/msys64//tmp.

After today master build, I find `org-persist` there, in c:/msys64/tmp (I suspect the same occurs on GNU/Linux...

I see the thread about the issues introduced by the new ORG release.

Really we need *all* this? In these two years all worked fine even without that `org-persist` directory....

Angelo