Re: MPS codegen

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: MPS codegen
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2024 19:09:12 -0400

Gerd Möllmann <gerd.moellmann@gmail.com> writes:

> Helmut Eller <eller.helmut@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> I think the thing I don't like is that I believe there should be only
>>> one description of an object's layout. Be it C (struct), or be it
>>> somethings else, from which C is generated.
>>
>> Sure, but that's easier said than done.
>
> Yeah :-). Too bad that GCC doesn't have something like Clang's Python
> API. Somehow I don't really believe in tree-sitter for this specific
> purpose. But what do I know...

It has (I think).  I posted the link already somewhere in one of the MPS
related threads:

<https://gcc-python-plugin.readthedocs.io/en/latest/>

At the time I tried to hack something to generate the code you wanted
(well my interpretation as I never got the minimal example I asked for)
but when Eli suggested treesitter I gave-up as I thought was a good (and
better) suggestion.  Why do you think treesitter is not up to the task?

  Andrea