Re: master 6b7ff60a5e7: Highlight the suffix in *Completions* buffer in

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: master 6b7ff60a5e7: Highlight the suffix in *Completions* buffer in 'basic' style too
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2024 01:44:32 +0300

On 14/06/2024 21:04, Eshel Yaron wrote:
Juri Linkov<juri@linkov.net>  writes:

Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
Hmm that's quite curious...  I can reproduce it also without my change
in 56537ab0228, FWIW.  AFAICT the issue is that icomplete trims the
prefix from completion candidates before passing them to
completion-lazy-hilit, while completion--hilit-from-re expects the full
candidate (prefix included).  I'm not deeply familiar with icomplete,
but maybe calling completion-lazy-hilit before trimming the candidates
as in the diff below should do the trick?
Thanks, I confirm with this change icomplete doesn't fail anymore.
Thanks for confirming, pushed to master as commit 3b07d330591.

Looking good, thank you.