Re: Start of Emacs 30 release cycle

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Start of Emacs 30 release cycle
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 15:47:24 +0300

> From: Stephen Berman <stephen.berman@gmx.net>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 10:32:21 +0200
>
> On Sun, 23 Jun 2024 16:44:48 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> > I've created the emacs-30 release branch, which will be used to
> > release the Emacs 30.x series.  Changes installed on this branch
> > should be bugfixes that do not modify too low-level code, and thus
> > don't risk destabilizing the codebase we have on that branch now.  All
> > the other changes, including new features, should be installed on
> > master, as usual.  If in doubt whether a particular change should be
> > installed on master or on the release branch, please ask here.
>
> Can the patches for wid-edit.el in bug#69942 and bug#70594 still be
> installed on the emacs-30 branch?  In particular, the patch in bug#70594
> fixes (or, as I see it, completes) commit 91333dacfa1, which is on the
> emacs-30 branch.

Given the efforts it took me to get any responses to repeated pings in
discussing those bugs, it would be justified for me to say NO.  (One
of the two bugs still doesn't have a consensus about what to install,
AFAIU.)  But I'm willing to give people one more chance.  I think it'd
also be good to see the patches themselves, since we've seen them so
long ago.