Re: MPS symbols

From: Helmut Eller
Subject: Re: MPS symbols
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2024 15:47:23 +0200

On Fri, Jun 28 2024, Gerd Möllmann wrote:

> igc--roots is a DEFUN in igc.c returning information about roots. In the
> end, the plan is that every root has a label, and all are displayed in
> igc-roots-stats, so that one can see what is going on wrt roots over
> time.

Hm, I see some odd numbers in *igc roots*:

bc-stack                       ambig               1         4194304
pure                           ambig               1        41333328

40 MB pure space :-).  It looks like PURESIZE isn't the number of words
but the number of bytes.  Or so it seems in alloc.c:

EMACS_INT pure[(PURESIZE + sizeof (EMACS_INT) - 1) / sizeof (EMACS_INT)] = {1,};

4 MB bc-stack also seems a lot.  But it's less obviously wrong.

It helps to sometimes look at basic things :-)