emacs-diffs

Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r106939: gnus-sum.el (gnus-summar

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r106939: gnus-sum.el (gnus-summary-mode): Force paragraph direction to be left-to-right.
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:49:55 -0500

> +  ;; Force paragraph direction to be left-to-right.
> +  (setq bidi-paragraph-direction 'left-to-right)

I'd strongly recommend using make-local-variable.  I understand it's
likely to make little to no difference, but it's just very good practice
and doing that everywhere will save you from nasty trouble sooner
or later (and even sooner if you take into account the fact that people
copy the code they see, so even if you know what you're doing and
you're careful, others will "do like you do" without paying so much
attention and you'll end up suffering from their code).

        Stefan