emacs-diffs

Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 a4d882c: Correct old cell name unbinding when

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 a4d882c: Correct old cell name unbinding when renaming cell.
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 00:19:09 +0200

Le 24/07/2016 à 12:50, Nicolas Petton a écrit :
> Vincent Belaïche <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Vincent,

Kenavo Nico,

>>     * ses.el (ses-rename-cell): check consistency of cell symbol from
>>     text-property and from array object. Instead of 'makunbound', use
>>     either 'ses--unbind-cell-name' or 'kill-local-variable' depending on
>>     whether the cell old name is a named cell or an A1 type cell
>
> Please make sure to specify the full path of modified files in commit
> messages, as they are later used in ChangeLog entries, which otherwise
> have to be fixed manually.

Ah... au temps pour moi.

Probably for some reason the ChangeLog file was not created in the right
place before I pasted it into the commit message. I could not reproduce
this, but that has happened at some point...

> In this case, it should have been:
>
>     * lisp/ses.el (ses-rename-cell): ...
>
> If you're using Magit, it can insert changelog entries for the file at
> point for you with `magit-add-changelog-entry'.  If you use vc, you can
> instead use `add-change-log-entry-other-window', bound to C-x 4 a.

I usually just type the message in command line + some regexp replace
over it: \('+\) -> '"\1"'. I think that next time will try VC with
adding and committing from the VC directory.

> Cheers,
> Nico

VBR,
        Vincent.