emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs as a Unix citizen

From: Marvin ‘quintus’ Gülker
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs as a Unix citizen
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 21:23:47 +0100

Am Mittwoch, dem 30. Dezember 2020 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:
> But they are.  Emacs ships with tutorials in 22 languages, including
> German.  So I'm not sure why did you see this as a problem.

My apologies. I have confused the tutorial with the manual. The tutorial
indeed is available in other languages including German and it's even
right there on the startup screen. That's not the case with the manual.
Since it has been many years since I last looked at the tutorial, but my
daily use of Emacs usually comes with quite a lot of lookups in the
manual, I misremembered the tutorial as being available only in English.
The complaint I received back then must have been about the manual.
Again, I apologise. Many thanks for providing a translation of the
tutorial.

I should do more research before I complain.

  -quintus

--
Dipl.-Jur. M. Gülker | https://mg.guelker.eu |    For security:
Passau, Germany      | kontakt@guelker.eu    | () Avoid HTML e-mail