emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Paper Zettelkasten safety [was: Why Emacs-humanit

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Paper Zettelkasten safety [was: Why Emacs-humanities?]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 14:06:37 +0300

On 2020-12-24 14:13 +08, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, a big part of Zettelkasten is not about implementation. If you
> read the book [1] describing Zettelkasten method, you will see that big
> part of the method is specific workflow. Do you regularly dedicate some
> time to interlink every headline you have to other headlines? Do you try
> to regularly update an "index" write-up on specific topics with a
> summary of what you know about that topic?
[... snip ...]
> The problems you mentioned are probably just org-roam's author
> preference.
[... snip ...]
> FYI. There is also org-super-links package providing backlinks in plain
> org.

Thanks a lot, that was really informative!  Indeed this pretty much
matches my general workflow. There are files which irregularly receive
new info, e.g. ~/Notes/Linguistics.org,
~/Notes/LinguisticsResearchIdeas.org, ~/Notes/Programming.org, etc.
Every now and then I’ll review these files, and sometimes I’ll create
meta nodes that refer to and summarise interrelated stuff.  E.g. did
that when picking my thesis topic.

IDK if I want to automate that because the process of creating these
meta entries itself is not a zero-sum chore but is actually productive:
I notice info I forgot, find interesting patterns, or get new ideas.
‘org-super-links’ looks like a pretty nice little addition, especially
if I can figure out a way to retroactively add backlinks to notes I
already have.

Best,

        -Göktuğ.

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp / @cadadr / <https://www.gkayaalp.com/>
pgp:   024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC 40EB 465C D949 B101 2427