emacs-humanities

[emacs-humanities] E-ink tablets (was: How do you keep engaged with your

From: M . ‘quintus’ Gülker
Subject: [emacs-humanities] E-ink tablets (was: How do you keep engaged with your writings?)
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 21:28:41 +0100

Am 01. Februar 2021 um 22:47 Uhr +0300 schrieb Göktuğ Kayaalp:
> I wish there was a way to bring that
> beauty and comfort to digital land.  E-ink tablets/laptops in the
> future, maybe?

Recently, I came over this blog post discussing the ReMarkable 2:
https://figbert.com/posts/remarkable-tablet/

Contrast this with the discussion it generated on lobste.rs, which I
personally found more interesting than the original blog post:
https://lobste.rs/s/cdhgjg/quite_remarkable_device

It seems to be a fine device for handwriting, but fails if you need to
view PDFs on it.

Disclaimer: I have never used one of these pieces.

Thinking about it: what about an e-ink tablet with an integrated
detachable bluetooth keyboard that runs Emacs? Use hand scribbling if
you need the freedom; use keyboard + Emacs if you need all the power.
I do not think such a device exists yet, unless you jailbreak an
existing one that has a Bluetooth chip on it.

  -quintus

--
Dipl.-Jur. M. Gülker | https://mg.guelker.eu |    For security:
Passau, Germany      | kontakt@guelker.eu    | () Avoid HTML e-mail