emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs as a library manager

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs as a library manager
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 10:13:01 +0100

On Fri, Feb 05 2021, Michael Albinus wrote:
[Org tables]
> I use this approach for my local library. One annoyance is, that there
> doesn't seem to be the possibility using a multi-line cell. Perhaps I
> simply don't know how to express this in org?

AFAIK the only way is to use `table.el`, which can be integrated in Org.
`table.el` is a built-in package for editing tables. It can deal with multi-line
cells, but in general I find editing such tables is not as smooth as editing an
Org table. It works quite well, though.

Some explanation on how to use `table.el` in Org files can be found here:

https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/38135/wrap-cell-content-in-an-org-mode-table

HTH

--
Joost Kremers