emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Citations in org-mode

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Citations in org-mode
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 11:28:19 +0100

On Wed, Feb 10 2021, M. ‘quintus’ Gülker wrote:
> Am 09. Februar 2021 um 21:33 Uhr +0100 schrieb Joost Kremers:
[bibtex parser]
> I assumed everyone rolls their own implementation.

Well, that's basically what I did. :-) I did look at `bibtex.el` at the time I
started Ebib, but it didn't seem to be intended as a library. Some functions
would only return the beginning and the end of an entry or field, not its
contents, so I figured, if I need to do the content extraction myself anyway, I
might as well do all the parsing myself.

The parsing code was only spun off into a separate library later, when Titus von
der Malsburg started his `helm-bibtex`. (It originally had Ebib as a dependency,
which, of course, is a bit weird. :-)

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments