emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Paper Zettelkasten safety [was: Why Emacs-humanit

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Paper Zettelkasten safety [was: Why Emacs-humanities?]
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 23:48:27 +0300

* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> [2020-12-24 00:49]:
> I just copy all the paper notes back to my org-mode files as a part of
> my weekly review:
>
> - [ ] Make sure that all the Zettels are in sync with org-mode
>   - [ ] Copy the card number as =CUSTOM_ID=
>   - [ ] Copy creation date as =CREATED=
>   - [ ] mark sorted out cards with sticker

Please send anonimized samples of your Org notes, like 2-3 of a
different type for review if possible.

> For me, two big advantages of paper cards are:
> 1. Ability to draw freely (I draw mind maps or schematics quite
> often)

Right. Thinking with a paper notebook is more focused than with a
computer. Including that person may be anywhere, not necessarily on
the computer desk, it could be beach, top of the building, nature,
anywhere. Drawing freely and using physical paper is quite a different
experience. I think that sorting and keeping separation between notes
is also easier accessible.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns