emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs "Projects" management?

From: Alan Davis
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs "Projects" management?
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 18:46:18 -0700

Jean-Christophe and others:

I should not go over the top about this.  I have little experience with
macOS.  I would add a better printing GUI to your list.

I was thrilled that I could install such a wide rage of Unix / GNU/Linux
programs on a macOS system.  I have not seen a single GNU/Linux
distribution that included Emacs, out of the box.  That's a head
scratcher!  Apple does!  (Of course it is not up-to-date, the last I
checked. What's that about?!   However, the use of GNU/Linux packages was
inconsistent: to use the range of programs I need on a day to day basis, I
need Ports, HomeBrew, and at least one other set of libraries; this leads
to a confusing mass of incompatibilities, after a time, at least to me,
that is difficult to keep up to date.  They are not huge programs, but I
need them all.

I  would like to ask, do you use the virtual folder concept?  Is that
implied somehow in Spotlight/tags?

 %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I have some other questions, reading through my notes on this lengthy
thread.

William: you rely on a number of scripts in the org file.  Can you please
expand on this?

Goktug: what is a "Frame?"  Do you mean a data structure, some kind of file
header?

For all: I appreciate the expansion of my universe!

Alan Davis

--
<http://documentally.com/2011/12/07/richard-stallman-talks/>
  "When the Last Tree has been cut down, the Last Fish caught,

  “Into this Universe, and why not knowing,
  Nor whence, like water willy-nilly flowing;
  And out of it, as wind along the Waste;
  I know not whither, willy nilly blowing.”
       (Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám )