emacs-humanities

[emacs-humanities] [OT] PDP-11 manuals

From: M . ‘quintus’ Gülker
Subject: [emacs-humanities] [OT] PDP-11 manuals
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:35:25 +0100

Dear all,

please apologise the off-topic posting, I am not going to repeat it. But
since this is a humanities-centred mailing list, maybe there are some
computer historians around here who might be interested in the below.

I am cleaning up my personal library a little. I own four original
PDP-11 operating manuals dated 1970-1974, which were sorted out by my
university when the the IT faculty changed their rooms into a new
building. I have no use for them, as I do (obviously) not own a PDP-11
nor even understand much of the rather technical content. I tried
selling them over eBay, but nobody wanted them, so I am now giving them
away for free to a responsible person for no other cost than the
shipping costs. I am located in Germany. Please write a private e-mail
to me to the address mentioned in the signature if you are interested.

The complete list of manuals is:

- pdp11 handbook (1970)
- pdp11 periphals and interfacing handbook (1972)
- pdp11/05/10/35/40 processor handbook (1973)
- pdp11 periphals handbook (1973-1974)

All of them bear a copyright mark attributing the "Digital Equipment
Corporation".

I will only give them away all at once.

  -quintus

--