emacs-humanities

[emacs-humanities] Footnote on author

From: Marvin Gülker
Subject: [emacs-humanities] Footnote on author
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 11:18:41 +0100

Dear list,

is it possible somehow to have a footnote on the author name? Like this:

#+TITLE: Test
#+AUTHOR: John Doe[fn:1]
#+LANGUAGE: de

Test Test.

* Footnotes

[fn:1] John Doe is an important researcher at some university.

Ideally, the footnote should come out unnumbered in both ODT and LaTeX
export and with a * symbol instead of a number as the footnote symbol.

The rationale is that many times, I have to submit my academic articles
with a special, unnumbered *-footnote pinned to the author name that
bravely explains the author's position and gives some other meta
information of the document (e.g. whether it is an expanded version of
an earlier article or a written version of an oral presentation).

    Marvin

--
Dipl.-Jur. M. Gülker | https://mg.guelker.eu | PGP: Siehe Webseite
Passau, Deutschland  | kontakt@guelker.eu    | O<