Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Link Display [WAS Recent changes: Internal linking]

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Link Display [WAS Recent changes: Internal linking]
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:15:33 +0200

On Mar 27, 2006, at 2:44, Scott Otterson wrote:

Carsten,

I realized that I might have been too limited in my suggestion. It would be great if _all_ links were hideable, not just the internal links.

I'm finding C-c C-l very convenient for pasting in URL's -- it's just

        C-c C-l
        C-y
        <return>

and, while it would be a shame to slow this down, a possible UI for named links could be to add a "Description:" question after the Link: question; if the user hits return without typing anything, then the link would be normally displayed, with no description.

Yes, is is an obvious generalization. In fact, you can already write something like

  [[http://www.google.com][Google Search]]

and the exporter will do the right thing. So yes, If hideable links are implemented for internal links, this will automatically also work for external links.

- Carsten