Re: [Orgmode] Outlining facilities

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Outlining facilities
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:12:05 +0100

Yang wrote:

Is it possible to have Emacs/org-mode automatically re-wrap paragraphs
as I edit them? Auto-wrapping only seems to happen when I'm entering
text and the cursor hits the wrap margin; it doesn't happen when I'm
inserting/removing text in the middle of a line. However, I'm not sure
if this is a limitation of Emacs in general (I'd love to know how to
enable such auto-wrapping for general paragraph text). I realize I can
hit M-q, but it would be best if I needn't!

This can be done with long-lines-mode:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/longlines.el

I don't use it myself so I couldn't tell you how well it works with various modes, but a quick test sees that it appears to work with org-mode, though you do risk it wrapping headlines etc.

R.