Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 4.75

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 4.75
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 14:58:39 +0200

> I have released org-mode version 4.75 at
> http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org
> Enjoy!

I did!  Thanks very much.

>   - When inserting a link with `C-c C-l', completion will now fill in
>   all valid link prefixes, like http or ftp, but also link
>   abbreviation prefixes.  This is based on an idea by Bastien.

This is great stuff! A little concern though: i got used to access the
stored links by hitting the tab key after org-insert-link.  Now the tab
key does the completion for prefixes (including abbreviated links), but
i had to explore a bit to guess that stored links where now accessible
through the history (with the <up> and <down> key).  It's okay for me
like this, but maybe some people would prefer the previous behavior,
i.e. accessing stored links by completion with the tab key. Or maybe
a wild mix of both?

>   - Highest, lowest, and default priority can be set on a per-file
>   basis with #+PRIORITIES: H L D For example, to use priorities from 1
>   to 9, you could use
>
>       #+PRIORITIES: 1 9 9

I can't get it work.  I tried to insert "#+PRIORITIES: A C B" at the end
of a minimal preambule, then to C-c C-c to refresh the buffer; here is a
backtrace in attachment.

>   - iCalendar export now honors (i.e. skips) subtrees marked as
>     ARCHIVE, COMMENT, or QUOTE.

Just a thought: maybe that would be more consistent to put "ARCHIVE" as
a special keyword (*before* the headline, like QUOTE or COMMENT) and not
as a tag?

>   - There is a new command to add or change the emphasis (like bold or
>   italic) of a piece of text.

The interface is really very nice, thanks for implementing this!

Bastien