Re: [Orgmode] link bug w/ indirect buffers

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] link bug w/ indirect buffers
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:54:19 +0200

Unfortunately I have also not found a better solution.  So
it now should use the base buffer, and widen it if necessary.

- Carsten

On Mar 28, 2007, at 0:34, Eddward DeVilla wrote:

Hi,

   I found a bug involving indirect buffers when following links.  If
I have one file with a link to a second file and I have that second
file opened with an indirect buffer narrowed such that the link is not
contained in the narrowed region, org may fail to follow the link.
   Basically, if a file is opened in several indirect buffers, org
only looks in the buffer (indirect or otherwise) most recently
touched.  I have seen org do this before with buffer cycling and that
has been fixed.  I'm guessing this is a related issue, but I have
tracked it down yet.
   I guess the easiest 'right' behavior would be to have the link
open the base buffer for the file.  I have to admit though, when doing
a heading search where the heading is already in its own indirect
buffer, I like it when it finds that buffer.  I can't think of a good
set of rules to define that behavior.

Edd