Re: [Orgmode] Interpretation of priorities in org-mode

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Interpretation of priorities in org-mode
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 10:58:09 -0400

"Piotr Zielinski" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd like to find out how different people use priorities (#A, #B, ...)
> in org-mode.  I've always assumed the standard interpretation (#A =
> high priority, #B = medium, #C = low).  However, the problem with this
> approach is that what "high priority" means is not well defined, and
> if you are not careful, then all your items will quickly become high
> priority, which defeats the whole point.

I don't really use priorities at all, since I'm using org-mode to do
GTD.  If something has to be done today, then that's a deadline, not a
priority.  If I don't need or want to get something done /in the next
week/, it probably shouldn't be crowding up my todo-lists at all, and
making it harder for me to find things I should be doing; it should be
on my someday/maybe list.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    address@hidden  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |