[Orgmode] Rounding in org-mode tables

From: James Hawley
Subject: [Orgmode] Rounding in org-mode tables
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 22:00:52 -0400

Hi!

I'm a relatively new emacs and org-mode user so I apologize for the basic nature of this question. Unfortunately, the answer is probably so obvious that no one has had to ask it before, and, as a result, I have not been able to find this subject in the mailing list. Of course, I may not be doing a good search, so please accept another apology.

Anyway, all I am trying to do is to sum a column of numbers in a table in an org file. Here's an example:

935.15
6483.80
7419.00
#+TBLFM: @16$4=vsum(@address@hidden);%.2f

The answer is obviously being rounded but I don't want that and I cannot figure out the undoubtedly trivial way to stop it so I get the answer that I want to see - 7418.95.

Thanks for any help anyone offers on this simple (but frustrating for me) question.

Jim Hawley