Re: [Orgmode] org-agenda -- todo commands dont change state?

From: T. V. Raman
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-agenda -- todo commands dont change state?
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 11:17:14 -0700

I cloned John W's setup.
I also saw that he had a small note saying "dont use the todo
cycling commands"
I've now been successfully using the helper commands he defined
in his customizations. Incidentally, those commands might be
useful to promote into org-mode -- they work really nicely.
I also like the work style that that encourages, i.e. hit tab in
the agenda view, and work with the entry in the toto file.

    Carsten> Hi Raman, I am unable to reproduce this.  I guess we
    Carsten> need more info about your setup.
    Carsten>
    Carsten> - Carsten
    Carsten>
    Carsten> On Sep 1, 2007, at 23:27, T. V. Raman wrote:
    Carsten>
    >> Hitting 't' in the agenda buffer pops up an input area,
    >> but finishing with C-C C-c raises a "not within an item"
    >> error and the state is not updated.
    >>

    >> Using C-u t does not raise this error, but the state
    >> remains untouched.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best Regards, --raman
    >>

    >> Email: address@hidden WWW:
    >> http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/ AIM: emacspeak GTalk:
    >> address@hidden PGP:
    >> http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/raman-almaden.asc Google:
    >> tv+raman IRC: irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs

Carsten Dominik Sterrenkundig Instituut "Anton Pannekoek"