Re: [Orgmode] [BUG?] Diary entries do not appear in timeline

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [BUG?] Diary entries do not appear in timeline
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:19:01 +0200

On Sep 16, 2007, at 3:00, Xavier Maillard wrote:

Hi,

With org-mode 5.08, pressing C-a L does not show my diary
entries.

My org mode file contains entries like that:

%%(diary-anniversary 09 6 2007) Lubin %d ans

I only see my meeting entries (but there are not diary entries
just standard item timestamped).

Is that a bug ?

Hmmmm, including the diary entries would make this operation
very expensive, because every day would have to be checked, starting
from an unknown starting date in the past to an unknown ending date
in the future.  The timeline display is fast because if first makes
a list of dates in the buffer and then gets full displays only for
these.  This means that dates with repeaters and diary stuff
will not work, unless by chance - i.e. if the day is being listed
anyway because some other simple timestamp pointed to it.

It may be better to use restricted call to the daily/weekly
agenda for this, but force a starting date and a number
of days to check.

- Carsten