Re: [Orgmode] suggestion : collapsed levels

From: Richard G Riley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] suggestion : collapsed levels
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:08:28 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Richard G Riley <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Is it/could it be, possible to have "collapsed" marking "..." always
>> to the right of the left hand title column in an org file?
>
> Do you mean hiding the tags when collapsing the subtree?

No. I mean having the collapsed marker to the right of the heading, not
to the right of the visible tags. It stops you having to scan all the
way to the right. I small usability tweak I think.

e.g

*title                :tag:
    ** subheading

When I collapse I get

*title                :tag: ....

I think it would be easier to scan the title column (which you are more
likely to do than scanning process orientated tags) if the decoration
was like this:

*title...                :tag:

> But if you hide tags when folding, how do you distinguish headlines
> with tags from headlines without tags?
>
> For me having tags around is okay. Especially because I use a nearly
> invisible font for them.

And for me.

> And if I were to hide them I'd better hide them in a :TAGS: property.
> But it is good to keep the special properties (todo, tags, scheduled,
> etc.) at special place.

No, I am not asking for tags to be removed from view.

But, on that subject is it possible to see inherited tags (maybe in a
different face?)?. They would, I assume, be read only in the places they
are "inherited". I see an ALLTAGS property, but its not immediately
clear to me from the documentation how to use it or even if it is what I
want.

Something like this at the top of a file?

:PROPERTIES:
:ALLTAGS: True
:END:

or, better and more concistent

#+ALLTAGS

But maybe I misinterpret the meaning of this special property? Possibly
I need to provide my own column view? Or can I modify the existing one
by including ALLTAGS?